Debashish Chakrabarty is a photographer based in Dhaka, where he was born in and grew up. A graduate of the capital’s Pathshala South Asian Media Institute, his areas of interest are in the genres of astrophysics, neuroscience, history, and literature. Through science and arts he wants to explore the plasticity of human mind.
• Mark Grosset Prize Exhibition 2015, Vendome , France
• The Photo Documentary Festival DOK:15, Oslo, Norway
• Dali Photo Festival 2015, Dali, China
• Only Connect.Edition Three, Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Delhi Photo Festival 2015, Delhi, India
• Transitions: New Photography from Bangladesh 2015, New York, USA
• Chobi Mela 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Noorderlicht Photofestival 2017, Groningen, Netherlands
Publication and Achievements
China Dream, a collection of 24 individual stories from contemporary China.
British Journal of Photography
Invisible Photographers of Asia
Nominated for Joop Swart Masterclass 2016, 2018